Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: OT - Why?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member zap_sea's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Why is everything waiting until now when I'm gone at school? One of my dad's coworkers, my little sister's best friend's mother, just died in a car crash last morning. And my dog is seriously ill. My family is considering putting him down because he's too old to survive another surgery. All I can do is sit in my dorm and cry when my roommate's asleep. I hope things can't get any worse.

    This is not my year.

    Edited to add OT to title.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 07, 2006 12:50 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

  2. #2
    thepidget
    Guest thepidget's Avatar

    Post

    Abigail, I'm so sorry about the hard things you're going through. I don't know why bad things have to happen to good people. [img]frown.gif[/img] Please take care and I hope you will be okay... [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Aelindil's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2006
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm really sorry. My thoughts will be with you. Also, if things do feel like they're getting to be too much, most colleges have a free counseling center. Last year, my family went through a tumultuous time--my grandmother died of cancer, my mom went through a severe depression as a result, and my sister had a hideous breakup situation as well as a college crisis. The counseling center here helped me through all that. It's so much easier to bear big burdens when there's someone giving a helping ear. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Momof2agfans's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 4th, 2004
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm so sorry. Thoughts and prayers for things to get better for you.

    I agree with Aelindil, maybe talking to somebody will help. ((((Hugs))))

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Prewitt05's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm so sorry these things are happening to you. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm so sorry! Sometimes it seems like all the hard growing up happens at college. It happened to me, too, I went through a bad break up, got seriously ill, my dog died, my dad got cancer, and on and on. I second the recommendation to see a counselor. I didn't, and I wish, in retrospect, that I had. It would have helped a lot to have someone to talk to, and I might have avoided some later problems (like having a roommate that went totally pyschotic on me).

  7. #7
    Inactive Member geneobug's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am so sorry all of this is happening to you this year. I will put you in my prayers. Do talk to someone you can trust. It does help. Sounds like your roommate isn't one of those. PM me if I can help.
    Brenda

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm so sorry! I hope everything turns out right for you in the end. Sending prayers your way. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Polly Marie
    Guest Polly Marie's Avatar

    Post

    My thoughts and prayers are with you. Much love and many hugs sent your way-- [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am sorry for the hard time you and your family is going through. I hope some happiness comes your way soon. [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •